- Bully for you. If you cannot stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.
- Do I look like a bank? I cannot give this away, lower the price and pretend that content wants to be free!
- Do I look like a therapist? I cannot listen to every whining wimp with crippling insecurities that weaken their resolve, endurance and fortitude.
- This is not kindergarten. We cannot pay attention to every cry baby throwing tantrums to get attention.
- You think I'm not stressed out of my gourd too? You don't see me looking for any easy out, making excuses or shying away from the challenge.
- If we start accommodating every snivel-nosed stress case, will lose our competitive edge, brand equity and market share.
- Business is war. It's not supposed to be conducted in an atmosphere of meditative repose, serene resourcefulness and quiet responsiveness.
If the stressors could speak
Yesterday, I mentioned how learners experience a second level of stress when nothing changes in response to their existing anxieties. This morning I had fun imagining what the unresponsive systems would say as comebacks to my expectation that they should alleviate the learners' stress. Here's some retorts to my compassion for stressed-out learners: