What if there is only one thing missing that keeps emotional baggage from getting resolved? If it's something that's missing, nothing we do to fix what's obvious will fill in for what's not here yet. Here are twelve possible "missing components" that could each resolve emotional baggage in short order. Which one of these gives you the strongest feeling of being true for you?
- Are you missing a viable choice between what things are and what those things mean to you personally?
- Are you missing a better story to tell yourself about what has occurred and how far you've come since then?
- Are you missing a innocent outlook that frees you from your past and fills you with curiosity about what lies ahead?
- Are you missing a better scorecard when shopping around for who, where or what you want to experience next?
- Are you missing a deeper lesson to be learned from what defied your reassuring predictions about how the world really works?
- Are you missing a deeper, recognizable pattern to explain your repeated misfortunes, setbacks or rejections?
- Are you missing a way to breakup of the stalemate between your persistent baggage and your contrary, conscious intentions?
- Are you missing a creative combination of avoiding familiar dangers and exploring new opportunities?
- Are you missing a different diagnosis from what you believe must be the real problem to get solved?
- Are you missing a self-fulfilling prophesy that frames your weaknesses as real strengths and shortcomings as genuine assets?
- Are you missing a way to refine how you express yourself after years of being repressed, inhibited or stifled?
- Are you missing a trusted change model to guide your journey from what always happens to what can be true from now on?
Ordinarily, short phrases make for more legible menus than long sentences. Yet posing a dozen "what-if" questions like this seems to make the alternative work flows more accessible and appealing. Making a menu of questions creates a different effect from typical chapter headings. Hmmm.......