- "no talent hiding in what you're seeing"
- "nothing here to develop"
- "no way this person will become more resourceful"
When we watch someone argue for their limitations, we can get a sense of their truth. If it seems like they're lying, faking it or covering up the truth. That feeling I get of being misled makes me curious about what will soon be revealed. I feel like a detective on the prowl for clues with my wonder/fascination dial set on "full power". I watch with intense powers of observation for what will be leaked, hinted about or suggested indirectly.
When I suggest to someone they have a hidden talent, I usually avoid a direct confrontation. Rather I pose a scenario, wonder out loud about a possibility or pose a choice that has been overlooked. When that someone realizes the talent I suspected was there all along, she or he says things like:
- I've had glimpses of being into this all my life but I've disregarded it to deal with other obligations
- I really do have a natural fascination and ability to contribute in this way
- Now that I see it, I cannot stop thinking about developing this talent in me
- No wonder I keep having dreams and running into coincidences that call my attention to this talent